[Dprglist] What name do you want for our new DPRG email server?

Paul Bouchier paul.bouchier at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 17:29:24 PDT 2024

DPRG folk,

Data shows that only half of current DPRG members are receiving email sent
to our aging and creaky email list - I'm manually forwarding copies to the
rest of the members, but that leaves a lot of not-current-members out in
the cold. Your hard-working Comms team (Steve E., Harold, Raj and Paul) and
the DPRG board have investigated alternatives to the current dprglist, and
have selected Google Groups as a replacement to send email to the DPRG
community. The new email server will support embedded images, avatars,
modern security, and generally will conform to modern web standards.

The new email server will go live soon, and we'll send instructions on
migration and use to this list, but first we need a name and email address
for it.

In accordance with the principle that club members should decide how their
club is run, a short survey will go to current members in good standing
asking them to choose among several alternatives for the name and email of
the server, or to suggest something entirely new. Please look for it in
your inbox and help set the club's direction that will carry us through the
next 20 years. The survey will close Monday week, April 15 (tax day), and
migration should begin soon after.

<shameless promotion>
Check your membership here: https://www.dprg.org/dprg-members/

There's still time to re-up and help decide how your club is run at
https://www.dprg.org/renew-your-membership/ or to join as a new member at
https://www.dprg.org/become-a-new-member/
Contact me or Doug Paradis if you have any problems.

</shameless promotion>

:-)

Meanwhile, if you want to hear details about the new email server,
please come to RBNV Tuesday at 7:30pm - the link on the dprg.org
website has a join link.

Thanks for your support

Paul Bouchier
DPRG Prez