[Dprglist] RBNV demo/review of encoder pulse width measurement

Paul Bouchier paul.bouchier at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 14:54:08 PST 2022

Pat,

You left RBNV before I got a chance to talk on Tuesday, but you'd suggested
I look at pulse width measurement of Mowbot's low-rate encoders, and asked
me to let you know how it worked.

I did a demo/review/explanation of the implementation of speed measurement
using pulse width measurement of low-rate encoder transitions at RBNV on
Feb 1. It starts at 2:37:00 in the video of the meeting, which is at
https://youtu.be/RPDuuTgT9Ks
and runs for about 30 mins. I explained handling of corner cases like 1 or
0 transitions in a frame.

Bottom line: it appears to work fine.

Paul