[Dprglist] A week of depth cameras...

markus markus at bibi.ca
Fri Sep 17 09:58:19 PDT 2021

For completeness, there is also the lineup from Espros.
I started experimenting with the epc611 module, available in two
configurarions, one for range finding
https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/espros-photonics-ag/TOFrange-611/10516871
and the other for imaging
https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/espros-photonics-ag/TOFcam-611/10516851?s=N4IgTCBcDaIKYAcDGA2AjGkBdAvkA
(same chip and same driver, just configured differently for the
application and the housing). Has an 8x8 ToF sensor, easy to interface
driver. Got it hooked up to a Nucleo-32 evaluation board and it works
rather nicely - biggest issue was figuring out how to configure the CRC
to match the driver.

The big brother (and fairly new) is the epc635 with 160x60 sensor field:
https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/espros-photonics-ag/TOF-CAM-635/10516857
I have no experience with this one.

If I ever manage to attend one of your RBNO meetings (still business
hours on my end) I can give a demo.

Have fun,
Markus