[Dprglist] self driving trucks and the desert

David P. Anderson davida at smu.edu
Sat Oct 23 11:22:57 PDT 2021

Hello not Paul,

I think perhaps you missed the point I was attempting to make. Not to
put words in your  mouth... :)   I have no objections to following a
path or roadway, no matter how defined.   My robots can do that in
several different ways, including following a closely spaced set of
waypoints.  My point was more simply that the robots are not in fact
operating unconstrained, as in a desert, as Paul's analogy suggests.   I
think that greatly oversimplifies what they are doing.

Cheers!

-not Karim