[Dprglist] SBC's for Controlling Robot

Rud Merriam rudmerriam at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 10:44:23 PST 2021

Hi,

Should be making the conference tonight so tossing out a question for
discussion.

I want to put an SBC on my RVR. The power limitation drawing from the
RVR is 2.1 amp. The board I was going to us, an UP Board, draws more
than that. Raspberry Pis approach that limit, also. Beagle board Black
with WiFi seems a possibility. Another requirement is supporting C++ for
development.

I am going to put one of the new Oak Dev cameras which will add to the
power draw and the amount of computing power needed. That eliminates the
Arduino family.

I suspect I won't be able to work within that power budget but want to
see if anyone has suggestions.

----

The accomplishment over the last couple weeks has been programming a
Sparkfun ESP32 Thing board and my PC to connect over WiFi. Over the WiFi
I can send commands to the RVR from my desktop system. May have a video
showing this. But have some Thanksgiving activities to handle which may
keep me from getting a video done.

--

-73 -
*Rud Merriam K5RUD*