[Dprglist] Outdoor Rover Series: Implementing Waypoint Navigation by David Anderson – DPRG Virtual Monthly Meeting, Jun 12th, 2021

secretary at dprg.org secretary at dprg.org
Mon Jun 7 08:29:38 PDT 2021

<https://www.dprg.org/outdoor-rover-series-implementing-waypoint-navigation-by-david-anderson-dprg-virtual-monthly-meeting-jun-12th-2021/>
*Outdoor Rover Series: Implementing Waypoint Navigation by David Anderson –
DPRG Virtual Monthly Meeting, Jun 12th, 2021*
<https://www.dprg.org/outdoor-rover-series-implementing-waypoint-navigation-by-david-anderson-dprg-virtual-monthly-meeting-jun-12th-2021/>
Posted on June 7, 2021
<https://www.dprg.org/outdoor-rover-series-implementing-waypoint-navigation-by-david-anderson-dprg-virtual-monthly-meeting-jun-12th-2021/>
 by Robie_robot <https://www.dprg.org/author/robie_robot/>

This month we hear from longtime DPRG member and highly respected robot
builder *David Anderson*, with a presentation titled, “How Waypoint
Navigation is Implemented on my Robots”.

With a powerful yet easy to understand style, David’s presentation will
walk us through 3 important topics using a combination of design
philosophy, implementation, and demonstration examples:

   - Motion Control
   - Waypoint Navigation
   - Advanced Navigation Modes

The meeting will start at *1:00 PM CDT on June 12th*, 2021. You can join
the meeting by joining Google Meet at https://meet.google.com/hey-jxuo-esf ,
or joining by phone ‪‪+1 405-586-5598‬ ‬ PIN: ‪682 931 335 #‬.

Learn more about David’s robots and journey at:
http://www.geology.smu.edu/~dpa-www/myrobots.html.

*About DPRG Monthly Meetings*
DPRG hosts interesting presentations each month during its regular
membership meeting. These meetings and presentations are open to public and
free to attend. We hope to see you online. Everyone is welcome to attend.

*Note:* we do record a video of these sessions and post them on the DPRG
YouTube channel. By joining the meeting you’re giving consent to be
included in the recording.

*About DPRG*
Dallas Personal Robotics Group has been actively building robots for fun
since 1984. We meet every Tuesday evening and every 2nd Saturday, and
frequently participate in community events.
In normal times we meet at the Dallas MakerSpace. During the Covid-19
pandemic, we have met virtually using Google meet.  Our virtual meetings
have attendees from multiple countries and locations in the USA. We always
welcome guests of all ages and skill levels. Build more robots!