[Dprglist] Yet Another Robot Platform

Pat Caron patcaron at mail.com
Thu Feb 4 14:47:25 PST 2021

Hi all, I came across this in the Weekly Robotics newsletter.
Not sure if it's of interest to anyone.

https://www.yarp.it/git-master/

>From the linked page: “YARP supports building a robot control system as a
collection of programs communicating in a peer-to-peer way, with an
extensible family of connection types (tcp, udp, multicast, local, MPI,
mjpg-over-http, XML/RPC, tcpros, …) that can be swapped in and out to match
your needs. We also support similarly flexible interfacing with hardware
devices. Our strategic goal is to increase the longevity of robot software
projects”.