[Dprglist] DPRG: COVID-19 update- RBNO for Tuesday 17 March and 24 March

Carl Ott carl.ott.jr at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 06:20:57 PDT 2020

Thanks for the feedback John!

Yes we use Zoom in the office - it generally seems to work pretty well, but
you need a paid plan for large gatherings over 30 or 40 minutes.
Also, my multi-screen laptop setup causes other participant screens to
glitch when using zoom.
In contrast, Google Hangouts works consistently very well for my frequent
calls to developers in India - and that's despite often sketchy internet
connections.

I've had some success with Skype in the past, and seen plenty of well done
webinars using GoTo Meeting. My all-time favorite is join.me. But most of
those were pricey last I checked.

Fortunately, Dallas Makerspace membership gives access to Google Hangouts
Meet, which looks like a version of Google Hangouts intended for larger
groups, recording, etc...

So watch your email -> we'll send an announcement soon for the first Robot
Builders Night In....
We're gonna give Hangouts Meet a try on Tuesday 24 March/ 7:30pm Dallas
time.

- Carl