[Dprglist] Rayo Pinky-Pie 7.0

Eric Yundt eric at facetcorp.com
Sat Aug 4 06:23:07 PDT 2018

DPRG,

I stunned and amazed at how easy working with the Arduino UNO is.  The
plethora of example code, libraries for this and that, and who knows how
many tutorials on Youtube and blogs is mind-boggling.  When I finally sat
down with my new UNO and a breadboard, in 2 minutes I was reading a switch
state, 3 minutes later playing a tune on a piezo speaker, 5 minutes later I
had sonar results streaming on my screen.  The young members of team Rayo
Pinky-Pie are thrilled that we'll be able to navigate and locate objects
like dolphins and bats.  Thank you, Doug, for the tip about tying TRIG and
ECHO together -- that worked great!  Of course, now I still need more pins
because I'm thinking we could use a 2nd sonar sensor!  jajaja.  Now we've
got to work on H-bridge and wheel encoders and our plan to take on the
physical world.  Hmmm... we need a gripper.  Yep.  And more, bigger
batteries.  Is there no end to this madness?!  ;-)

--
Eric