[Dprglist] Tesla

Rud Merriam rudmerriam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:29:06 PST 2017

Any driving system, even a human, is going to be incomplete. People fall
asleep, which causes accidents.

Your statements imply that the robot system has to be perfect before
deployment and use. Or even nearly perfect. If that's true you'll never
get automatic driving on the road.

The other point missing is the trade offs. This report or others said
that Tesla's have a much lower, like 50%, accident rate than other
vehicles because of the auto driving capability. The trade off is death
from this scenario versus deaths from other scenarios that the vehicle
avoided.

-73 -
*Rud Merriam K5RUD*
/Mystic Lake Software/ <http://mysticlakesoftware.com/>