[Dprglist] Six Can questions

John Swindle swindle at compuserve.com
Wed Jan 4 09:27:02 PST 2017

Thanks, Doug.

Another Six Can question:

Can the robot use a map that the robot produced before cans were placed in the arena? I am sure that a pre-programmed map is OK, but this question seems a little different. I'm asking if the robot can depend on having access to the arena, during the competition (not in some other environment), without the cans, in order to map the arena. Kinda like the walkabouts allowed before RoboColumbus.

My questions may imply a very narrow implementation, too specific to one arena. Preparing for an outdoor competition a couple years back, I tried to do some stuff with sound that went beyond what I could do, and I abandoned the approach without showing it. So, I am using Six Can to help me with a much simpler audio approach, from which to learn some 3D geometry and other stuff.

Thanks,
John Swindle