[Dprglist] Six Can questions

paradug paradug at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 10:04:31 PST 2017

John,
    Generally robots have access to the arena before the contest for practice, tune up, checkout, etc. It isn’t guaranteed, but I have never seen time not be available. You may have to come a bit early. If you mean can the robot sit at the starting line during the contest, have the cans removed, then replaced, I suspect that would be frowned upon. It would depend on the judges and the number of entries. My experience has been that the club is open to seeing new ways to approach the problem and if your requirements were discussed ahead of time the judges would be accommodating.

Regards,
Doug P.