[Dprglist] DPRG Discord server now open for conversation

Paul Bouchier paul.bouchier at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 23:20:30 PDT 2024

DPRG folk - DPRG now has a Discord chat server available for your
enjoyment. It has already generated a substantial amount of discussion on
topics as varying as H-bridges, Roborama, ROS, personal robot projects and
more. Join by clicking this invitation link:
https://discord.gg/jVj9yU7k

The link will expire in 7 days, so act soon. If the link doesn't work, send
mail to president at dprg.org and ask for a new invitation. All are welcome.

For those new to Discord, it is a place to discuss robots and DPRG-centric
stuff. You will need to create a Discord account if you don't already
have one - it's free. We suggest that you set your nickname on this server
to something you might be recognized by in other DPRG forums such as email,
RBNV, member-list, etc.

You can set your nickname on only this server, without affecting it on any
other discord servers. Right-click your nickname on the right side, select
profile, and edit your profile. Set your nickname, save, and ESC to exit.
That will help other users know who they're chatting with, and support the
goal of making conversation in the community as easy and low-friction as
possible.

Many thanks to Karim for setting this up, and thanks to the DPRG Comms Team
(Steve E, Raj, Karim and Harold) for evaluation and recommendations. It is
a response to the request at the February meeting for a way for club
members to contact each other more easily.

Next up: keep your eyes peeled for a new email distribution system, coming
soon to an inbox near you.

Thanks, and enjoy the community! We find it to be a less-intrusive and more
focused forum than email. (It's brand new, and if you have suggestions
please voice them - we want to make it as useful as we can.)

Paul Bouchier