[Dprglist] ROS2 Workshop Series sign-up at next RBNV

Paul Bouchier bouchierpaul at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 6 19:39:06 PST 2024

DPRG folks - at the last RBNV (very late in the meeting - like 10pm) I presented an idea for a series of workshops aimed at bringing participants up to a level on ROS2 where they can use it in a telemetry and analysis scenario. There seemed to be substantial interest in the idea. I have laid out the currently proposed workshop series content and proposed grounding principles on my website here: paulbouchier - ROS2 in Docker Workshops so you can look at what is proposed and assess your interest. I feel the content is done-enough to begin the series immediately, depending on participant availability and desires.

|  |  |

|  |
paulbouchier - ROS2 in Docker Workshops

Introduction This page and its subpages contain the curriculum, exercises and other supporting data for a series...

At next RBNV I would like to review the workshop-series proposal, take input for any changes, and hopefully recruit participants for the first series. I anticipate the half-dozen participant slots for the first series will be oversubscribed, and I want to prioritize participants who will use the experience imminently. Participants will get to pick the workshop schedule.
If the series linked above interests you, please come to the RBNV armed with a story of what you would do imminently if you gained that kind of knowledge and experience. If you are strongly interested in being a participant in the first series but can't attend next RBNV, send me an email at paul.bouchier at gmail.com telling me how you would imminently use that kind of knowledge and experience, and I'll throw your name in the ring. I do envision doing a couple or more of these series, depending on demand, so don't fear it's a one-time event.
Disclaimer: this is the first run in an untried (by me) format, so YMMV.
Thanks
Paul Bouchier