[Dprglist] Join the December 10th DPRG Judging Gang!!!

Iron Reign ironreignrobotics at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 16:18:59 PST 2022

We have our first DPRG volunteer for judging (besides me), let's turn it
into a gang!

As shared at RBNV, my teams (Iron Reign, Giant and Core) are hosting a
League Tournament on December 10th at Townview, just south of downtown. We
expect 29 high school robotics teams competing for advancement to the NTX
Regional Championship. We would LOVE to have more DPRG judges participate.
You'll see some amazing robots and more importantly, learn about and weigh
in on the investigative engineering journeys of these students. This is
your chance to contribute in your unique way to the next generation of
engineers and maybe come away with some practical ideas you might want to
experiment with.

1. Go to firstinpsires.org and create an account if you don't have one
<https://www.firstinspires.org/ways-to-help/volunteer/how-to-register>.
There is a youth protection screening and a general consent and release
you'll execute. You don't have to pay for anything. More details can
be found here
<https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/volunteer/event-volunteer-checklist>,
mostly in Step 2.

2. Once you are logged in, go here to sign up for the event.
<https://my.firstinspires.org/Volunteers/Wizard/Search/2?EventId=63586> You
can also find the event from the volunteer tab in your firstinspires
dashboard, but the direct link is easier. That event page will only work if
you are already signed in. There you can volunteer to be a judge. After
you've signed up I'll be able to assign you and you should receive further
links to training resources so you'll understand the judging process and
criteria better. If you don't get those links in a few days, let me know
and I'll send them directly to you.

3. On December 10th show up to the Townview campus
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Yvonne+A.+Ewell+Townview+Center/@32.751946,-96.8088585,17z/data=!3m2!4b1!5s0x864e99a4151a4cb7:0x954c882319e92134!4m5!3m4!1s0x864e99a45cc80dfb:0x8539047a29ec8a66!8m2!3d32.7519415!4d-96.8066645>
at
8am. You'll receive a more comprehensive info packet in advance, but now at
least you have the date, time and location.

If you have any questions, just respond to this message.

Thank you for your consideration,

Karim Virani
Coach for teams 6832 Iron Reign, 3737 Iron Giant, and 15373 Iron Core