[Dprglist] Pioneer 3 AT Robotics Platform

Scott Gibson scottg183 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 06:15:05 PST 2022

Karim

My 500$ bid stands but I’m out of town until late next week. I’ll need to get with you next Friday or next weekend.

Regards

Scott

On Feb 3, 2022, at 1:45 AM, Karim Virani via DPRGlist <dprglist at lists.dprg.org> wrote:

This was "Cheap Robotics Platform", but I've renamed it since they didn't turn out so cheap.
The robots finally arrived early today/yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to do anything but the most cursory look over.  Scroll down to see a picture of the 6-pack.
These have a very sturdy/rigid chassis - high quality build
Despite that, there is some obvious damage to a couple of them, typically concentrated on the delicate sonar arrays. There might be some locked-up gearheads too.
There are varying degrees of customization. For example, one has an emergency shutoff switch added. Another has some external framework attached to it. These modifications seem relatively minor.
One of them has thinner solid rubber wheels more suitable for indoor usage.
Since the roads will be icy for the next few days, we are probably looking at Sunday for earliest access.
In terms of choice, I'm taking my pick of the litter and then choice will be ordered by who paid the most and within each $100 tier who paid earliest. But I may have to skip over some folks choice wise if you are not available to review in the established order.
If I haven't committed to offering somebody an "early bird" price, then consider the minimum price to be $500. Feel free to offer more to secure an earlier pick.
I haven't even had a chance to go back and look at those prior commitments. I'm pretty sure I received money for 2 robots already and I'll review that before Saturday. If you sent money already but are not happy with the picking-order described, I'm good with refunding and letting somebody else step in. There are others who have made firm offers at the $500 level but I've held off taking payment pending the shipping uncertainties. Again, it will go in order of who offered the most first and I'll go over the whole email history of this conversation including the private messages to establish that order.
If they don't all get snapped up by DPRG'rs, don't worry, I'm sure I'll find other takers.
We could do a group review of the robots Sunday afternoon or we could set up individual appointments. I'm open to suggestions. Look up Iron Reign Robotics on google maps to see where we are if you want to see them in-person. Masking required.
<pioneer3at6pack.jpg>