[Dprglist] CircuitPython for NUCLEO STM32L476RG

Doug Paradis paradug at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 08:33:38 PDT 2021

Kumar,
         See STM32L475RG datasheet sections 3.24.2 and 3.24.4 to see which
timers support the encoder mode. Here are some links to get you started:
https://deepbluembedded.com/stm32-timer-encoder-mode-stm32-rotary-encoder-interfacing/
and
 https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00042534-stm32-crossseries-timer-overview-stmicroelectronics.pdf
<https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00042534-stm32-crossseries-timer-overview-stmicroelectronics.pdf>
 and
https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/training/technical/product_training/group0/2f/ec/a2/2a/74/48/4c/67/STM32G4-WDG_TIMERS-General_Purpose_Timer_GPTIM/files/STM32G4-WDG_TIMERS-General_Purpose_Timer_GPTIM.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.STM32G4-WDG_TIMERS-General_Purpose_Timer_GPTIM.pdf
 .

      There are several YouTube videos also. Use search terms: STM32,
Timers, Quadrature Encoders, Encoder Mode.

       STM32CUBEMX should be a good tool to help set up the timers. David
Ackley and David Anderson most likely have example code that they may share.

Regards,
Doug P.