[Dprglist] FPGAs in robots

Carl Ott carl.ott.jr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 16:03:45 PST 2021

Kumar - nicely done!

I'm looking forward to comparing your hardware based implementation
concepts with the traditional microprocessor/ software based
ones. Sounds like a cool bake off!  As much as I like to build stuff, it
seems like one can cover more ground by living vicariously through others'
exploits :-)

I always enjoyed getting FPGA designs to work and work - same could
probably be said of software, but there's something about a hardware design
that seems less likely to crash or hang.  And speed - ooo la la!  Back in
the day It was really something to run 'complicated' logic circuits at 40
MHz.  Nowadays - you could sample RF straight at the analog amplifier, and
do everything from there to baseband in digital -> why not - grab an FPGA
and do multi-protocol SDR. There's probably several FPGA libraries for that
- maybe even open sourced libraries...

Ping my email if you like and we can catch up sometime.

Meanwhile - looks like I have homework to skim through a video, and revisit
the difference between Verilog and what I saw years back...

Cool!

Carl