[Dprglist] November DPRG Monthly Meeting

Doug Paradis paradug at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 08:04:16 PST 2021

<https://www.dprg.org/dprg-flash-mob-redux-of-srss-2nd-virtual-robothon-exhibition-nov-13th-2021/>
DPRG Flash Mob Redux of SRS’s 2nd Virtual ROBOTHON Exhibition – Nov 13th,
2021
<https://www.dprg.org/dprg-flash-mob-redux-of-srss-2nd-virtual-robothon-exhibition-nov-13th-2021/>
Posted on November 9, 2021
<https://www.dprg.org/dprg-flash-mob-redux-of-srss-2nd-virtual-robothon-exhibition-nov-13th-2021/>
 by Robie_robot <https://www.dprg.org/author/robie_robot/>

*The Seattle Robotics Society (SRS <https://seattlerobotics.org/>) is
holding their 2nd Virtual ROBOTHON Exhibition on November 13, 2021 at 2:00
PM Dallas Time (CT).* DPRG members really enjoyed the first virtual
exhibition held in July. So in lieu of our regular monthly meeting format,
DPRG will descend on the Seattle Robotics Society (SRS) again for the 2nd
Virtual ROBOTHON Exhibition.

This SRS event is designed to be a virtual “free-style” show-n-tell type
showcase featuring 5-6 presenters, who will cover topics ranging from robot
builds to a general related robotics project. Each presentation will last
about 15 minutes.

*Topics:*

   - Dave Mier – Autodave, for the SRS RoboMagellan and Pop Can Challenge
   - Donna Smith – Maze Solving Algorithms ++
   - James Newton – SDMG Bot
   - Fred Douthit – What is ‘Rovers, Drones, Satellites, Navigation and
   More’?
   - Dan Royer – Spot Micro Simulation

*When:*

   - Saturday, November 13, 2021
   - *2:00 PM* Dallas time (CT)

*How to join the Zoom meeting:*

For direct Zoom app login, use:
Meeting ID: 859 6958 8697
Meeting Passcode: 1982

*Click here to join the meeting
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85969588697?pwd=OWNSUjI0L3phSlF0MjZRTkNhUHVvQT09>*

*About Seattle Robotics Society*
The Seattle Robotics Society was formed in 1982 to serve those interested
in building robots and associated technologies. We are a non-profit
corporation consisting of a diverse group of technologists and tinkerers.
Our collective passion is learning about robots through education and
freely sharing our skills and knowledge with our community through
meetings, workshops, contests, outreach events, online, and mentoring.
• http://www.seattlerobotics.org/

*About DPRG*
Dallas Personal Robotics Group has been actively building robots for fun
since 1984. We meet every Tuesday evening and every 2nd Saturday, and
frequently participate in community events.
In normal times we meet at the Dallas MakerSpace. During the Covid-19
pandemic, we have met virtually using Google meet.  Our virtual meetings
have attendees from multiple countries and locations in the USA. We always
welcome guests of all ages and skill levels. Build more robots!

*About DPRG Monthly Meetings*
DPRG hosts interesting presentations each month during its regular
membership meeting. These meetings and presentations are open to public and
free to attend. We hope to see you online. Everyone is welcome to attend.