[Dprglist] Donkey Car charger questions

Thalanayar Muthukumar tnkumar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 20:51:51 PDT 2021

This is how my current Donkey Car battery looks
[image: image.png]
The voltage between Red and Black is ~2.1V with Red being positive with
respect to the black. This is because the battery has been lying unused for
years.

When I connect the charger to mains and measure voltage, it is ~14V with
Red wire being positive with respect to black. (It is expected to be high
as it is no load voltage)

The picture below shows how the charger connector mates with the battery

[image: image.png]

If you see the mating point marked with Red Arrow, the red wire from the
charger is connected to the black of the battery and black from the charger
to the red of the battery
It does not seem correct to me.

This is the charger I got -
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088NTQRFF?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Am I missing something or is the charger not correct?
I hesitate to power the charger and connect to the battery.

Suggestions?

Regards.
- Kumar