[Dprglist] DPRG posted Libraries

Murray Altheim murray18 at altheim.com
Sun Jun 20 18:21:10 PDT 2021

Hi Donna,

Are you looking for C/C++ or Python code?

I'm getting much closer to a functional Subsumption Architecture with
my KROS-Core project, which now works with mocked motors and either
keyboard input of sensor events or a Bluetooth-based Gamepad. I'm
currently in the middle of modifying my Letterbox Robot to use it
with a systemd daemon on a Raspberry Pi:

   https://github.com/ifurusato/kros-core
   https://github.com/ifurusato/letterbox-robot

The Letterbox Robot code is still very fresh, just a few days old, so
it's not really ready for prime time, though the systemd part works,
just haven't integrated the KROS-Core SA/OS into it yet. Its intention
is as in the README: "a Python3-based Subsumption Architecture,
basically a publish-subscribe pattern implemented using an asyncio
message bus, where the robot sensors are publishers, motor controllers
and other output devices, etc. act as subscribers. Subscribers indicate
what event types they're interested in. Events are pushed onto the
message bus, passed through an Arbitrator and on to a Controller. The
Controller for the LBR01 will control both the camera and the LED light
strip."

Basically the Letterbox Robot is a much-simpler prototype to work out
the daemon control and the basic SA event handling thing.

Cheers,

Murray