[Dprglist] BNO085 and vibration

Murray Altheim murray18 at altheim.com
Thu Jul 22 20:25:06 PDT 2021

On 23/07/21 2:20 pm, Chris N via DPRGlist wrote:
[...]> What I was thinking of trying is to simply throw out very small
> delta measurements, since they are likely to be due to vibration
> rather than actual robot rotation.    Of course I would be throwing
> away information and hence accuracy.    My guess is what I'll find
> is that this is too simplistic of an approach and I end up with an
> error in yaw over time because I'm throwing out too many small
> measurements.

Hi Chris,

One of the things that comes to mind is that the vibration is occurring
around a fixed coordinate or center somewhere on the robot. So rather
than throw out the small deltas couldn't you average them over a faster
time scale (as they'd -- at least in theory I believe-- cancel themselves
out, or am I misunderstanding the problem?

Cheers,