[Dprglist] PAA5100JE Near Optical Flow SPI Breakout

Karim Virani pondersome64 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 19:22:54 PDT 2021

Hey Murray,

After a month of waiting on the slow boat from Europe, the Pimoroni optical
flow sensors have landed on my doorstep.  We'll probably play with these a
bit from an rpi but the plan is to port the library to our regular Android
controller.

BTW, at our State Championship competition I was approached by someone who
knew of my comments on the Pimoroni forum and he said that his company had
bought out an entire production run of the units based on prior testing of
pixart samples.

Do I remember correctly - that you said something about a better library
for these than the default one based on the drone version of the product?
If so, can you point us at it?

If you have any lessons to share from your experimentation, please let me
know.

Thanks,

Karim