[Dprglist] Remote RoboColumbus-Plus Competition Location Approval

secretary at dprg.org secretary at dprg.org
Wed Jul 7 09:09:54 PDT 2021

Pat,
    Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Here in Texas in August, rain is
usually not a problem (sprinklers, but not rain). In the past, RoboColumbus
has been run on very wet ground. If it is actively raining in your location
and you judge it unsafe for your robot's health, then rescheduling
(hopefully for the following day, Sunday) is the best option. In that case,
you should join the RoboColumbus Google meeting and watch the other
competitors, talk trash, enjoy the camaraderie, and then submit videos of
your runs when possible to YouTube. We would most likely show your best run
video at a RBNO and listen to your commentary. You would still be part of
the competition and eligible for all prizes.

   I will put this message up on the DPRG website's Contest Rules
Clarification page.

Regards,
Doug P.