[Dprglist] KD01 Moth Behaviour Test

Murray Altheim murray18 at altheim.com
Sat Feb 13 00:53:38 PST 2021

Hi,

With some encouragement from David Anderson I've finished up my Moth
sensor and ran the KD01 robot open loop on my deck:

    KD01 Moth Behaviour Test
    https://youtu.be/uoozN5BdepA

Things are still a bit rough, no PID (still a work-in-progress) but the
sensor hardware and the Moth Behaviour program in Python:

   https://github.com/ifurusato/ros/blob/master/moth_test.py
   https://github.com/ifurusato/ros/blob/master/lib/moth.py

seems to work just fine. Good to get the KD01 out on the front deck.

David had suggested I get the open loop navigation working first before
I attempt to get the PID controllers fixed. I'm able to set the velocity
of the PID controllers in cm/sec, and in open loop with a fudge factor I
can still use roughly the same values for velocity (e.g., maximum set
velocity is about 50cm/sec), the idea being to be able to turn the PIDs
on or off without altering the basic velocity of the robot.

There's lots of room for improvement but as Doug Paradis mentioned it's
kinda fun to play around with. I realised pretty quickly I'll need to
get my bumpers and IR hooked up if I want to run around in my house. The
hardware's all done, just need to get the software together. That's next...

Cheers,

Murray

PS. thank you David!