[Dprglist] Elements of Robotics - free book

Murray Altheim murray18 at altheim.com
Fri Feb 5 13:29:26 PST 2021

Hi Doug,

I'm a Kobo owner and don't have a Kindle. As John mentioned the book
is available freely (i.e., without the requirement of a Kindle and
its DRM) and downloadable as DRM-free PDFs via dbooks. These are
mostly Springer (academic) focused books, and there's only a few (9)
that come back on a search for "robotics". Of these there are several
pertinent to mobile robotics:

   Elements of Robotics
   by Mordechai Ben-Ari, Francesco Mondada
   https://www.dbooks.org/elements-of-robotics-3319625330/

   Robotics
   by Matjaž Mihelj, Tadej Bajd, Aleš Ude, Jadran Lenarčič,
   Aleš Stanovnik, Marko Munih, Jure Rejc, Sebastjan Šlajpah
   https://www.dbooks.org/robotics-331972911x/

   Machine Learning for Cyber Physical Systems
   Selected papers from the International Conference ML4CPS 2018
   by Jürgen Beyerer, Christian Kühnert, Oliver Niggemann
   https://www.dbooks.org/machine-learning-for-cyber-physical-systems-3662584859/

Not quite related to mobile robotics but quite interesting as regards
robot behaviours:

   Foundations of Trusted Autonomy
   by Hussein A. Abbass, Jason Scholz, Darryn J. Reid
   https://www.dbooks.org/foundations-of-trusted-autonomy-3319648160/

and this one is more about RPA than robotics proper:

   Robotic Process Automation Succinctly
   by Ed Freitas
   https://www.dbooks.org/robotic-process-automation-succinctly-5592544642/

Thanks! I will add these to my Kobo and my reading list.

Cheers,

Murray