[Dprglist] Non-Robot Activities While Doing Robots

David P. Anderson davida at smu.edu
Thu Dec 23 20:55:01 PST 2021

Rud,

Sounds like you are actually making great progress.

All those avenues you describe seem to me to be at the very heart of
robotics.   Rather than Non-Robot.

Part of the fascination with experimental robotics is that it is the
intersection of mechanics and electronics and software.   All three of
which are of interest to me.   So all of the infrastructure needed to do
those things and support those things, I would think, is also included
in Doing Robots.  At least that's what I tell myself.

We had a member recently build a shed to have a place to build robots.
Seems like that should count as roboting, yes?  As memory serves he got
a DPRG SILVER STAR for the effort.

onward!

dpa