[Dprglist] A warped idea

Murray Altheim murray18 at altheim.com
Wed Oct 21 12:46:43 PDT 2020

Hi Ron,

Given that the judges will be making the final determination, can't
we simply trust people not to fake a run? There's no money at stake
and hopefully those entering the contest will likely be known to
either the DPRG or a local club, seems a bit far-fetched to think
someone would actually spoof their entry. I can't remember if people
are meant to send in code or a video. With a video the idea was that
the entry had to be one take, with no interruptions or cuts. And if
it's code it's relatively easy to see if there's any fakery going on.

So I'm unclear as to the need for this kind of obfuscation. It's meant
to be a fun contest, not boot camp with live ammunition.

Cheers,

Murray