[Dprglist] A few LFS contest rules questions

secretary at dprg.org secretary at dprg.org
Tue Oct 20 05:53:19 PDT 2020

Chris,
     I believe Ron has hit the high points. I will revise the current rules
for the contest to reflect the newest version of LFS. One item that should
be brought up is that the contest will use LFS version 1.3.1 or higher. The
courses will need to be discussed at the RBNO tonight. The Challenge course
will be run in the competition as one contest. We may have an "advanced"
level course, but since Ron's example bot can handle the advanced level
course, it is not clear if we want to run one. If we include an advanced
level course, we might want to add some of the challenge elements (i.e.,
blocks) or just go for speed.

limit.
2 - No limit on robot size (since simulation robots have no size).
3 - Challenge course will be run for sure, maybe an advanced course
(possibly with additional elements).
4 - See 3.

Regards,
Doug P.