[Dprglist] Tractor Time

Karim Virani pondersome64 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 08:41:11 PDT 2020

Thanks Ed. I was completely unaware of that category of light duty
hydraulics for ATVs. At first glance it definitely looks more nimble, but
I'm a bit cautious about the stability/safety and load capacity (300lbs). I
imagine there is some kind of suspension lockout? Looks like I have some
videos to watch and research to do.

I'll also be looking for a used market. If it doesn't really exist, that
says something about the durability and value. I accept used is risky. It's
buying a bunch of future maintenance issues. But buying new is just a
postponed list of maintenance issues and a guarantee of rapid depreciation.
Though tractors seem to hold value pretty well. Still I intend to be able
to do a fair amount of maintenance work myself. I like the example of
Andrew Caramata's Youtube channel. Extreme practicality.

And yet I'm as conflicted as the next guy. You can argue that an electric
tractor conversion is far from practical. It would still be interesting to
do. How big is that Kubota with the busted engine?