[Dprglist] KR01 still rocking back and forth?

Christian M Netter netterchris at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:29:58 PDT 2020

Murray - did you get to the bottom of your issue?  I’m quite curious.....

I have beaten my head against the wall plenty of times only to find out in the end that I made a simple coding error.....

We have already discussed logging and  visualization at length.... Some other strategies I have used in the past to find stupid mistakes I made while writing code way too late in the evening:

1) Run the code offline, I.e not on the robot , and feed it the recorded log data.  While stepping through the code, carefully look at what decisions it is making and why.

2) Run the code against a simulated robot

I know this won’t be of immediate help because your code is likely not set up for this, so consider this food for thought.  I’ll talk about this when I give a presentation during the monthly meeting.

Chris