[Dprglist] AI controlled camera at soccer game

Karim Virani pondersome64 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 17:02:13 PST 2020

My AI thinks I'm a mop. COVID hair.

Pretty much all visual object detection/classification neural nets require
a healthy number of non-positive examples. This looks like a fail in
exactly that - the body shape always being under the "ball" should have
lowered the probability if they had bald soccer players in the general set.
Though I guess photos of bald soccer players with extremely round heads
heading soccer balls could get a little fuzzy...

Anyhow, in our limited experience, the quality of the image database seems
to matter as much or more than the classification algorithm.