[Dprglist] STM32 software uart

Chris N netterchris at gmail.com
Thu May 7 07:51:20 PDT 2020

If you have SPI available, how about an external UART w/ SPI interface,
such as the MAX3100?   The MAX3100 is a single UART device and comes in
prototyping-friendly packages.  There are also dual and quad UART devices
in the same family but I think those are only available in much smaller
packages.   Somebody probably makes a breakout board......   I am sure NXP,
Microchip, AD, etc etc make similar devices.  I think I have also seen UART
expanders w/ I2C interface.

Chris Netter.