[Dprglist] STM32 software uart

David Anderson davida at smu.edu
Wed May 6 20:46:38 PDT 2020

Hello DPRG,

As discussed in Tueday's RBNO, I'm trying to port my jBot code to the
STM32F411RE and have run out of UARTS.  I need 5 and the board only
supports 3 in hardware (USART1, USART2, USART6).  So I was looking at
adding another CPU, a teensy, and using SPI or I2C for comm between the
two boards.

I found several software uarts but all were for sale.  Turns out I
didn't look hard enough.  There is a free one available from ST Micros
it self:  stsw-stm3156.  It requires an available timer, which I think
I  have, and a couple of free GPIO pins.  I've downloaded the sofware
and docs and am cautiously optimistic...

dpa