[Dprglist] Thanks from Iron Reign!!!

Karim Virani pondersome64 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 17:36:07 PST 2020

Thank you all again for spending over 2 hours with us at the last monthly
meeting. The advice you offered was more than helpful.

Quick update. Our robot autonomous mode was pretty much a catastrophe at
Regionals. Our coders pushed beyond their limits to add everything and in
the end completely sacrificed reliability. So we finished very low in the
game standings, were not selected for playoffs, and could not compete in
the Design category since that requires a dependable robot. I'm chalking it
up as a valuable lesson.

On the other hand we still did well enough in awards to advance to both
State and Worlds. Again, presenting to DPRG was a key component in our
advancement. The team won Inspire 3 and the Connect Award (for connecting
with professionals). Patrick's team won the robot game and Inspire 2.

We did present two journal binders. We decided to go with the aluminum
covers but did not actually have enough time to CNC them. Maybe for Worlds.
We are thinking about acrylic as LED light guides for the logo. Again
thanks for your ideas on the subject.

Warm regards,

Karim & Iron Reign