[Dprglist] off topic - wind map

Karim Virani pondersome64 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 20:58:30 PST 2020

The GPS will be an RTK base station published on rtk2go. It's using a ublox
F9P receiver connected to this antenna.
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/17382

The weather station is one of the cheaper options I found on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5TEHLI - it was more of a
nice-to-have afterthought since I knew I needed to put a mast up above the
trees. So it's a lower priority. But the weather station wants to be on top
of the pole - so I'll have to Tee or fork the top because I want the GPS
antenna unobstructed. I don't really care if the wind speed or direction is
affected a little by the GPS extension but probably don't want to obstruct
the solar cell.

Also putting 3 outdoor directional wifi APs a bit lower on the pole.

It will all be chimney mounted ending up at least 12ft above the highest
parts of the roof and all nearby trees. The hardest part right now seems to
be sourcing the right pole with a custom mount and capable of being rigid
enough without buckling under max wind loads. Probably going with a 2" 8
gauge 6061 tube.