[Dprglist] another wireless networking issue - headless Raspberry Pi

James LeRoy james at getsurreal.com
Tue May 15 11:07:09 PDT 2018

I think your own 5Ghz Access Point network is the best way to go. It
keeps the Pi and your laptop in a simpler configuration.  Some access
points, I believe, can then be a client of another wireless network to
get you internet access.

The physical cable should work with static IPs and just a hub.  A router
would not be required unless you wanted to use it to handle DHCP instead
of static addresses.