[Dprglist] uber death

David Anderson davida at smu.edu
Thu Mar 22 20:59:01 PDT 2018

An alternate opinion:

"Zachary Moore, a senior forensic engineer at Wexco International Corp.
who has reconstructed vehicle accidents and other incidents for more
than a decade, analyzed the video footage and concluded that a typical
driver on a dry asphalt road would have perceived, reacted, and
activated their brakes in time to stop about eight feet short of Herzberg."

<https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-22/video-said-to-show-failure-of-uber-s-tech-in-fatal-arizona-crash>

-dpa