[Dprglist] Level 1 Line-following Contest Course

Eric Yundt eric at facetcorp.com
Sun Aug 19 12:50:15 PDT 2018

Thanks, Ron!

Shipping is not a problem to Costa Rica, but customs and import tax is.
Whenever I fly back to the USA I travel with 2 empty suitcases and fill
them up with coffee makers, curling irons and electronics.  Costa Rica
doesn't have any industry to protect, but uses import taxes as a way to
fatten the wallets of politicians.  Folks down here would pay about double
for a new car as what someone would pay in Dallas... and some things have
much worse worse rates.

I noticed the triple 270º curves on the Roborama 2015a video.  Is there not
normally a start/stop T for the line-following?  The rules mention 2 laps,
but what determines the start/end of a lap?

So is it really true that nobody has built a Robot specifically to conquer
the Challenge Line-following course in 7 years?!?  I know its harder than
it looks, yada-yada-yada... but really, in this day and age?  jajaja...  ;-)

I'd love to see what you are doing in "Processing".  Before Carl mentioned
it I had not even heard about it...

Thanks,

Eric