[Dprglist] Open Source Curiosity type rover from NASA

Doug Paradis paradug at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 18:03:25 PDT 2018

Eric,
     The Mars style rover that you linked the YouTube video, lacks the
Differential Pivot that is in the NASA robot. It is used to keep all the
wheels on the ground when only one side is going over an obstacle. If you
look at the video you linked the author is showing the robot go up stairs
where the obstacle is seen by both wheel sets.However, it is still a cool
rover. There is a few Mars rovers on thingiverse.com. These are interesting:
 https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1318414
<https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1318414> and
 https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1025108
<https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1025108> .

    BTW, I have found some issues with the NASA Rovers BOM. The motors
shown in the Excel spreadsheet do not match the motors shown in the
pictures. The pictures show the corner motors with encoders.

Regards,
Doug P.