[Dprglist] roborama rules questions

markus markus at bibi.ca
Tue Mar 28 08:30:53 PDT 2017

I have some questions about the rules/setup of Big Table Top 2 and Can-Can Soccer.

Both fields include markings with "blue painter's tape" - and I'm wondering what properties that has for IR. I have simple dropoff sensors (sharp gp2s40) and am wondering if my robot thinks it reached the end of the world when it comes across a strip of tape?

Can it generally be assumed that cans are "free standing"? In other words, if an obstacle is wider than a single can, or smaller than a single can - it can't be a can?

And lastly - in Can-Can Soccer there are supposed to be 6 cans on the field, and the game ends when one robot has placed 7 cans into the opponent's goal ..... I highly doubt my robot will have to look for the 7th can, I'm just curious. Do you bring scored cans back onto the field? If yes, are they placed in the same spots as the original 6?

Thanks,
Markus

PS: I pre-registered for both events but didn't get any confirmation emails, just making sure I didn't mess that up ;)