[Dprglist] garden roomba

Doug Paradis paradug at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 12:28:19 PDT 2017

David,
    It will be interesting how the garden weeder robot pans out. The $250
cost point would make it affordable enough for a home owner. I am not so
interested in gardening, however I would be interested in a unit that kept
my shrubbery beds clean of weeds and secondary scrub suckers. It would have
to ride over mulch and eliminate non-scrub/flowers targets. Keeping
landscape beds clean is a major nuisance.

    I have both of those books on my shelves. I found them when I used to
search Half Price books for interesting books. Amazon has them available at
reasonable cost.  Both are very good reads and excellent references. The
Joesph Jones book shows up in a lot of college lectures, but is also
suitable for the hobbyist roboticist. It is my favorite of the two.

Here is a link to an MIT lecture about the same topic.
http://courses.csail.mit.edu/6.189/fall2005/pub/lectures/Releases/2005_09_08_lecture2.pdf

Regards,
Doug P.