[Dprglist] garden roomba

David Anderson davida at smu.edu
Wed Jun 14 10:20:09 PDT 2017

Hey, DPRG!   Anybody out there?

Joe Jones is starting a kick-starter campaign for a roomba-style robot
to weed your garden:

<https://www.technologyreview.com/s/602836/a-roomba-for-your-garden/>

You may remember Joesph Jones as the author of "Behavior Based
Robotics", which at one time we had in the DPRG library, back when we
had a library:

<https://www.amazon.com/Robot-Programming-Practical-Behavior-Based-Robotics/dp/0071427783>

as well as, with Anita Flynn, the classic "Mobile Robots"

<https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Robots-Inspiration-Implementation-Second/dp/1568810970>

which was my first introduction to subsumption.  I still have my
original edition, (although my memory is that he was very unhappy with
the second edition, which was published without his input or approval).

cheers!
dpa