[Dprglist] RoboColumbus postmortem

Scott Gibson scottg183 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 16:05:13 PST 2016

Thanks for the perspective David,

BURP actively navigates from the GPS output so heading errors from the IMU are minimize (as long as error is small). Especially on longer runs. I thought BURP was very constant when it came to finding a waypoint. I need to work on my blob recognition. The camera had too many false positives. I like your concept of a filter. Adding a filter is on my upgrade list.

My narrow wheels have been a weakness on lots of terrain. It bogs down in the thick grass in my yard. Has problems getting traction on loose rocks and dirt. It even got stuck in a shallow hole on the course. I have a new set of wheels ordered that are much wider with a more aggressive tread. I'm hoping they solve my traction deficiency. Mounting them on BURP is one of my winter projects.

Anyway....the extra waypoint may not have been needed, but I really didn't feel like cleaning mud off my wheels. :>)

Scott