[Dprglist] Fwd: DPRG Community Outreach (and Fun) - FTC Volunteer Judges Wanted In February

Iron Reign ironreignrobotics at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 19:50:35 PST 2024

I and my three teams so much appreciate Paul's wonderful offer to gather a
DPRG member group to contribute as judges for the FTC Regional Championship
coming up on February 24th. It's a deeply impactful way to mentor the
upcoming generation.

I also have to apologize for offering the Championship as an option. It
turns out that because of the number of times Iron Reign has presented
to you, we have to consider DPRG to be our sponsors. Your time is more
valuable than money. As such, it would be considered a conflict of interest
to have a group of you judging. While we are expected to recruit
volunteers, we should have no more than one with a conflict of interest.
Any more than that would nullify Iron Reign's chances of advancing to State.

The competition itself is still open to spectators and you would be more
than welcome to come watch the robot action and cheer on the team. But I
have to humbly ask that we don't try to register more than one judge on the
24th. Please let me know if you need any further information.

Kind Regards,

Karim
for the Iron teams