[Dprglist] Building Cheapest ROS2 Robot using ESP32 — Part 1 — Hardware Build

Doug Paradis paradug at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 08:52:37 PST 2023

-All,
    This just dropped on my Medium feed:
https://robofoundry.medium.com/building-cheapest-ros2-robot-using-esp32-part-1-hardware-build-af0044de68ce
 .

     I usually discount articles that indicate that they want to control a
robot with a controller. However, in this case where the goal is to
communicate through ROS2, I think it is worth a look. This first article is
about building a beginner robot using a kit similar to the one used in the
DPRG "Build More Robot" tutorial series. Robot direction is going to be
controlled using an 6-DOF IMU, MPU6050. The motors are the DFRobot yellow
TTmotors with encoders, SKU FIT4050. The processor is ESP32-WROOM-32D which
supports micro-ROS. The robot looks like it will be using a PC and Wi-Fi.

This may be a good way to break into ROS2.

Regards,
Doug P.