[Dprglist] Roborama 2023

Karim Virani pondersome64 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 08:58:51 PST 2023

Questions regarding 6 can

1. Weight limit is 20lbs. Why? Hard limit?
2. "The robot may extend to a single footprint size of 21x18 inches."
Further clarification talks about the robot base. If the robot has an arm
that is not part of the base/drivetrain/chassis, but mounted on it, can it
extend beyond this footprint? This variant of the arm would only be
supported by the main chassis.
3. If an arm is mounted on an extending mini-platform that has contact with
the ground but the mini-platform can only manage its extension from the
chassis (in other words it can't steer/navigate independently of the
chassis), would that mini-platform that only serves as support for the arm
be considered part of the footprint?

I think you can guess why I'm asking.