[Dprglist] Human Static Presence Sensor

Murray Altheim murray18 at altheim.com
Thu Mar 31 17:52:26 PDT 2022

Hi,

I just got a notification that Seeed Studio are selling four different
24GHz doppler radar sensors, from about US$20-40, which increasing ability
to measure activity, namely: human static presence, sleep breathing, fall
detection, and finally sleep breathing and heartbeat monitoring.

These use doppler radar to measure not only the presence of a human being
within range but whether they're moving, breathing, or have fallen. These
clearly have use in security systems as well as health and elder care.

But what struck me was this video, a sort of dystopic library scenario,
both frightening and unintentionally funny:

   24GHz mmWave Radar Sensor Human Static Presence Module
   https://youtu.be/U7YQjyt3Lao

Poor guy!

Cheers,