[Dprglist] Yep, the chip shortage has hit home....

pulcher at killercomputing.com pulcher at killercomputing.com
Tue Mar 1 08:47:34 PST 2022

I know the chip shortage was real.  Up until now, I had always been able to grab some sort of RPI at Microcenter.

I did snag a rpi 400 the other day, as that is what I wanted.  Got the last on at the time.  The sells folks said they get a good amount of rpi 400’s and pico, but not much if any of the other models.

I checked https://rpilocator.com/.  These folks have stuff from all over the globe.  There are very few in the “In Stock” column with a “Yes”.

I took a poke at Mouser.  I would set you alarms for May 12th if you are looking to need a RPI.

In other news, Microcenter local is pretty much out of PLA as of last weekend.

I think I have found out why:

$100 Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer | New Customer Exclusive (microcenter.com) <https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/specialoffer3dprinter.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3KyFsCScU8kFQXneLglyhXucHT-oXCeEGKSHG_SkWlz02gjE57eMJDUgQ#eduformdiv>

Turns the $200 printer into a $100 printer for new customers.  Of course all of the new customers will need some extra filament to go along with the new printer.

I go no one to claim as a new customer….. darn it….. 😊

Harold