[Dprglist] Saturday

David P. Anderson davida at smu.edu
Mon Jun 20 11:50:00 PDT 2022

I'll second Harold's comment: Saturday was a lot of fun.  Great to see
everyone.

Carl can you post the results for the spinning robot demo?  I think rcat
did pretty well on the second run and also the triangle.

I was having some trouble with my rate gyro, which is pretty temperature
sensitive, in that hot room.  Later I realized I had not disabled the
virtual bumper and that was causing some problems.  Trouble shooting at
a contest is always fraught.

Also lots of comments about the non-flatness of the floor.  At first I
blew it off, thinking maybe it just wasn't level.  But then Michael's
robot had a laser pointing forward/down at the floor and the spot kept
getting closer to and further from the front of the robot as it moved.
When I queried why it was doing that, someone pointed out that it was
the floor!   It really is massively uneven and lumpy.

Maybe we need to find a different room to run our contests?   We could
use Michael's robot for testing...

cheers!

dpa